4 TBS butter
1 medium chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1 (19 oz) can of cannellini beans
1/2 shredded cabbage
1 (14 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
1 TBS tomato paste
11/2 cup cubed potatoes
2 quarts vegetable broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS dried parsley
1/2 cup elbow macaroni
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter in a heavy stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and carrots; saute for a few minutes.
2. Add beans, cabbage, tomatoes, tomato paste, potato, stock, garlic, parsley to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
3. Simmer for abou 1 hour until vegetables are barely tender.
4. Add pasta and simmer for 30 minutes more.
5. Serve hot with grated cheese.